Marinette Menominee Chamber
Visa® Gift Cards
- Provide member businesses a lower cost open loop gift card for their use as premium gifts/donations.
- Increase support of local member and non-member businesses through a Chamber led ‘Shop Local’ marketing program tied to the cards.
- Create a high visibility program to demonstrate the Chamber’s role and worth in supporting the local economy and act as a potential recruitment tool for new Chamber memberships.
- The Visa Prepaid Gift cards are issued by MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
- The cards are labeled with the Chamber logo and Shop Local designation (see logo above).
- The cards can be purchased for any amount starting at $10 up to $1,000. Cards can be purchased singly or in large quantities.
- To purchase gift cards, Chamber Members will be charged $2.50/card and non-members $4.00/card.
- Payment for gift cards must be made prior to ordering, or at the time of issuance, depending on the number of cards purchased. The Chamber will take payments of check, cash or credit card. However, if a credit card is used to purchase gift cards an additional fee of 3% of the total will be added.
- The cards have 5 years of activity. A card that is dormant for more than 12 months will begin having an inactivity charge of $2.95/month reducing its balance but may be used anytime to access the remaining balance.
- If a purchase is made that exceeds the value of the card, the way it is managed at the point-of-purchase will vary depending on the terminal capabilities in the store. In some instances, the customer: 1) could be informed of the available balance, 2) declined and informed of the balance, or 3) just declined with no indication of what is available. They may also only be able to tell what is on the card if approved and the remaining sub-total will give an indicator of how much was on the card. Important note: We encourage split tenure transactions when it is known that the balance of the card will not cover the total of the transactions. The amount of card balances may be accessed by visiting the Web address or phone number listed on the card.
- Once a gift card is purchased and issued to the recipient it is available to use. The Chamber is not responsible for lost or stolen cards.
The Chamber will have a stock of logoed cards that can be purchased and activated within 2 business days. It is recommended that ‘instant’ activation orders be 10 cards or less.
Large order service is also available. Cards will be sent directly to the purchaser within 5-7 business days of an order. Large orders can also have the logo or name of the purchaser on them for a one-time setup fee of $250. Cards can also have two short lines of explanation on them at no charge. There are also a limited number of card themes to choose from. All cards will have the same activation date.
Each card will come with a standard card sleeve at no additional cost that contains important information about the card. A purchaser or the Chamber can create their own holder, but will it need to be reviewed by MetaBank to ensure the terms and conditions are properly presented.
Visa Prepaid Cards are issued by MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Card has no cash access and can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the U.S.