The Marinette Menominee Area Chamber Foundation 2021
“Nautical Northerns” and “Last Blast Bass” Public Art Initiative
We’re Back for the finale!
The Marinette Menominee Area Chamber Foundation will once again be offering metal fish sculptures to area businesses this year to be painted/decorated and displayed for public viewing. This year’s featured fish will be a northern and a bass sculpture. Our fish selection over the past five years has followed local artist Jim Lamalfa’s fish sculpture pole located in Menominee. The bass will represent the last sculpture in this series. The purpose of our project has been to serve as a tourism draw, showcase our world-class fishing, promote local artists, drive traffic to area businesses and create an attachment to our communities. This art event has been made possible through generous donations from Wildlife Décor, Rusty Wolfe Studios and the EagleHerald in addition to the efforts of the Marinette Downtown Action Group, an initiative of the Marinette Menominee Area Chamber of Commerce.
Unpainted sculptures will be offered to area businesses at the prices listed below. The sculptures will be available beginning in May 2021 at Main Street Antique Mall, 1622 Main St., Marinette, M-F 10 – 5p.m.; Saturday 10 – 4p.m.
- Northerns are approximately 32” w x 9”h - $35 per fish/$55 for a fish with a stake.
- Bass are approximately 30” w x 13”h - $35 per fish/$55 for a fish with a stake.
- Businesses purchasing display fish must abide by the program rules (see below), will be eligible to be in this year’s contest sponsored by the EagleHerald, and will be included in the mapping for “fish-hunters” if business address is provided.
- Individuals will be able to purchase fish for their private use at the same rate, however these sculptures will not be eligible for contest entry.
BUSINESS PURCHASES ONLY:
The business display fish should be displayed throughout the months of June, July and August 2021.
In the spirit of the program, and to ensure its success, we ask that you abide by the following rules.
- The sculptures must be displayed where they can be viewed by the public (inside or outside).
- Sculptures can be staked, hung, or mounted to a wall, etc. but must be in compliance with any City ordinances that may apply.
- Creativity is all yours and may be unique to your business or profession. Sculptures are not intended to be used for any political or religious purposes and must be appropriate for general public viewing.
- Businesses will need to provide an address where the sculpture will be located for mapping and contest information.
- No re-sale of this product is allowed.
- The Chamber is not responsible for and will not replace any lost or stolen sculptures.
- If you would like your fish to be included in this year’s judged contest, and posted on applicable social media platforms, we ask that you please send a digital photo to email@example.com by Friday, July 23, 2021. Please include your name, company name, and address where the fish can be viewed.
There will be four contest categories this year:
- Best multiple-fish display of all 5 fish species (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Best themed “Nautical Northern” (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Best themed “Last Blast Bass” (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Best representation of your business (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
Submissions must be received by Friday, July 23, 2021. Winners in each category will be announced at the August 19th Concert in the Park in Menominee.